Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Restructuring - Part I

I knew that the company hadn't been doing well lately.  When the CEO mentioned that there would be a restructuring, I wasn't surprised.  What surprised me, really, was how anxious I was feeling, and how fast the rumors would fly.  I really wish that companies would just execute and do the restructuring the same day as the announcement.  Now, we were all stuck with the questions.  When? Where? Is it me?

I believe that when companies decide to restructure, they should do it as soon as possible after the announcement or just do it the same day because in the meantime, everyone is anxious, nervous and productivity drops.  Morale, which is already low, drops even lower.  Also, the longer the company waits, it increases the chance an important employee will leave.

Luckily, the economy seemed to be picking up and those with the skills or desire were starting to look around.   

Hmmm, I had to make a decision.  Should I wait it out and see or should I start looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment