Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tracking Food Expenses - October 6-12

Last week, I tracked how much I spent on food at the market.  Here is the breakdown and the stores that I went to.


-->
Week
Store
Amount

October 6-12
Farmer’s Market
$23


Whole Foods
$44


99 Ranch
$4


Costco
$54



Subtotal:
$125

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount that I spent at Whole Foods, which was pretty reasonable.  Because I had gotten most of my vegetables and fruits for the week at the farmer's market, I only needed to get a few staples at Whole Foods.  Foods like milk, bread and some meat.

This week I got some bread, lunch meat, ground turkey and some pork chops, some vegetables that I couldn't find or had forgotten to get at the farmer's market, yogurt and some milk.   I knew that I was going to go to Costco, so I held off on buying some meat.

Costco is such a dangerous place to go to when you're on a budget or trying to control costs.  So full of temptation.  I always end up buying more than I had planned for.    We needed a few things like coffee, olive oil and some chicken breast.   Other than some organic raspberries, I pretty much stuck to the list, which made me pretty happy.

This week, I also made lunch for the kids.   I just have to set the expectation that I will make lunch for them once a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment