Saturday, March 13, 2010

Budget

One reason why I've decided to track my expenses is to create a budget of some sort. I've never really kept track of my expenses and I've come to realize that in order to be financially healthy and independent, I need to understand how I spend my money, so that I can form a plan.

I've always put things on my credit card and also kept a little cash in my wallet, but I never really thought about my spending habits and whether they were getting in the way of my goals and ultimately, fiscal responsibility. If I'm finally confronted with what I spend on a daily or weekly basis, I'll be able to analyze whether my spending is based on need versus wants, or whether my expenses are reasonable and if not, where I can cut down. Maybe if I'm confronted with what I actually spend, I'll think more about my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment